Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 21 October 2016

Songs That Inspired Me #8

So which song do I choose for this influential band? There are so many that have inspired me over the years. 'The Trees' ? 'Something For Nothing'? 'Afterimage' ?? 'The Spirit of Radio'? I was going to choose 'Closer To The Heart' as it was one of the first songs I heard by this band.

The band is RUSH. Another influence in my life from the mid 1980's onwards. I borrowed several audio cassettes from a friend where I would go staying at weekends. There was a magic and an enchantment about Rush from those early days. I purchased 2112 and was blown away. It was the MOVING PICTURES album when my love of Rush's music really embedded itself into my consciousness.

Hence the reason why I have chosen my favourite track off this album ...